Mausoleum Crypt Facilities
Our Lady Queen of Heaven Chapel Mausoleum is a beautiful, tranquil, final resting place. It is situated among the 126 acres of Resurrection Cemetery in Pine Plains Staten Island, overlooking Raritan Bay. The cemetery was established by Cardinal Terence Cooke to meet the needs of Catholics from both New York and New Jersey.
The new mausoleum is configured in a traditional cloister design. It is carefully lighted and tastefully appointed with exquisite stained glass windows, statuary and bronze reliefs depicting familiar scenes of the life of Our Lord, His Blessed Mother, Saint Joseph and other patron saints.
Its sacred serenity is a powerful witness to our central Catholic belief that Jesus Christ died for our sins. His glorious Resurrection is a foretaste of the promise of eternal life with Him in heaven.
The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is celebrated regularly in the chapel at the center of the mausoleum. Surrounding the chapel are crypts and niches to receive and memorialize the faithfully departed.
Mausoleum crypt prices are intended to overlap the cost of in-ground monument lots when all costs are considered. Prices depend upon the following: (1) interior vs. exterior crypts, (2) the level at which the crypts are located (crypts are structured at 7 levels, lettered from bottom (A) to top (G), and the configuration of multiple crypt spaces.
The following prices of the various configurations of interior crypt spaces are available:
- Single space crypt from $6,000 to $24,000
- Side-by-side double -front covered crypts (2 spaces) from $16,500 to $48,000
- Side-by-side 2 single-front covered crypts (2 spaces) from $12,000 to $18,000
- Side-by-side 1 single-front covered feature crypts (2 spaces) from $22,400 to $38,400
- End companion crypts (2 spaces) from $9,600 to $43,560
- End companion crypts (3 spaces) from $15,840 to $21,780
- Westminster crypts (2 spaces) from $20,250 to $22,500
The following prices of the various configurations of exterior crypt spaces are available:
- Single space crypt from $4,400 to $15,600
- Side-by-side double front crypts (2 spaces) from $12,100 to $33,600
- End companion crypts (2 spaces) from $7,040 to $26,880
Private family rooms with seven crypt spaces are available for $375,000.
The opening fees for weekday and Saturday entombments are $1,065 and $1,500 respectively.
Private Family Mausoleum sites are available at different locations throughout Resurrection Cemetery and the most comprehensive information can be obtained by making an appointment at the cemetery office with a family service representative knowledgeable about this alternative.
Please refer to the fee schedule for other services and related fees.
Resurrection Chapel Mausoleum was built in 1988 at the east end of the east parcel of the cemetery, with crypt spaces, a committal chapel and niches for the inurnment of cremated remains. No entombment crypts are currently available in this facility. A selection of niches are still available. The chapel is currently used for both committal and other liturgical services.