Cemetery & Office Hours
Catholic cemeteries are holy places of prayer and remembrance. To preserve their sacred character admission to the grounds and buildings is granted to those who conduct themselves in accordance with their Rules and Regulations and act in concert with Catholic belief, tradition and decorum.
Resurrection Cemetery is open for visitation every day at 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Inclement weather, however, may restrict access to the cemeteries. If doubt exists, those wishing access to the properties for visitation purposes may always contact the cemetery office (718) 356-7738.
Standard office hours at Resurrection Cemetery are:
Monday thru Sunday: 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The cemetery office is closed on Sundays and major holidays as observed by Catholic religious practice and state and/or federal governments; in addition, no committal services take place on these days. If doubt exists, those wishing to conduct business at Resurrection Cemetery may always make initial contact with that office by telephone.
The 2018 Holy and Holiday Schedule for office closings and no burial services is as follows:
Holy/Holiday Day Observed/Date Observed
- Solemnity of Mary — Monday, January 1
- Martin Luther King — Monday, January 15
- Presidents Day — Monday, February 19
- St. Patrick’s Day — Saturday, March 17
- Memorial Day — Monday, May 28
- Independence Day — Wednesday, July 4
- Labor Day — Monday, September 3
- Election Day — Tuesday, November 6
- Thanksgiving Day — Thursday, November 22
- Christmas Day — Tuesday, December 25